Description of PHP:-
Rasmus Lerdorf wrote the first PHP - first called Personal Home Page - scripts as a series of Perl scripts that he used to track visitors to his webpage and to see who was viewing his resume.
He eventually rewrote PHP as a scripting engine and added support for forms. Over the years the Personal Home Page acronym was dropped and it evolved into the PHP Hypertext.
PHP can be used to create web applications ranging from personal websites to e-commerce applications and community web portals i.e. blogs etc.
What is PHP:-
- PHP is server side scripting system
- PHP stands for "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor"
- PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language
- PHP scripts are executed on the server.
- PHP costs nothing, it is free to download and use.
- Syntax based on Perl, Java, and C
- Very good for creating dynamic content
- Powerful, but somewhat risky!
- If you want to focus on one system for dynamic content, this is a good one to choose
- PHP can generate dynamic page content
- PHP can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server
- PHP can collect form data
- PHP can send and receive cookies
- PHP can add, delete, modify data in your database
- PHP can restrict users to access some pages on your website
- PHP can encrypt data
- With PHP you are not limited to output HTML. You can output images, PDF files, and even Flash movies.You can also output any text, such as XHTML and XML.
Why you Choose PHP
- PHP runs on various platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.)
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP supports a wide range of databases
- PHP is free. Download it from the official PHP resource: www.php.net
- PHP is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side.
PHP is freely available for use. The community of open source PHP developers provides technical support and is constantly improving updating the core PHP functionalities. PHP is available at free of cost under PHP General Public License and most of its associative required software's like MySQL, Text Editors and Apache Server are also freely available, so it proves very cost effective for the developers.
PHP provides high compatibility with leading operating systems and web servers such as thereby enabling it to be easily deployed across several different platforms. PHP scripts can run across operating systems such as Linux, Windows, Solaris, OpenBSD, Mac OSX etc and also provide support for all major web servers such as Apache, IIS, iPlanet etc.
Several web tasks can now be easily perform using PHP. For example now we can develop from small websites to giant business and organizational websites, informative forums, chatting platforms, CRM solutions, e-commerce shopping carts, community websites, e-business, shopping carts and gigantic database driven sites.
Designed in a user friendly manner, PHP gives more flexibility than C, C++ and ASP and overall helps in increasing traffic to the site
PHP is designed to work well with the web, and so things like accessing the GET and POST and working with HTML and URLs are built-ins in the PHP language. This makes it really concise and straightforward to make a website.
Being an open source language, a large number of libraries and extensions, to extend its core functionalities, are available for download. The source code of PHP can be modified to include custom created extensions and components thereby increasing its extensibility.
There are many hosting companies that will, for a few dollars a month, give you a server running PHP so you can make a website really easily.
Nowadays developing dynamic websites are in the huge demand due to its specific characteristics like it automatically refreshes and does not need to make much changes manually.
A huge advantage that PHP offers is its community. If you are looking for a particular script, chances are another user has already created something similar. Check within the PHP community for availability. Likewise, if you have created a function that others might enjoy, be sure to post the code for others.
PHP offers security as well that helps prevent malicious attacks. These security levels can be adjusted in the .ini file.
Advantages of PHP
- Open Source, PHP is completely free.
- PHP can be easily embedded directly into HTML.
- Platform independent can run on Windows Linux or Mac servers.
- Run faster on the internet and easily integrate AJAX, Callback etc.
- Interfaces very easily with Apache/MySQL
- Lots of good books and on-line help.
- It's available with documentation in many languages.
- Easy to learn compared to many other scripting languages. It has a syntax that is easy to parse and is actually rather human-friendly.
- Lots of hosting services have it ready to use, no special configuration.
- Pretty easy to access other web-based tools through PHP i.e. google maps, etc.
- Lots of good source code out there to use and/or learn from, as well as many useful libraries for working with PDFs, graphics, etc.
- Project Management Tools
- Graphical User Interface
- Building an Online Community
- Developing Facebook Applications
- Generating PDF Files
- Mailing Lists
- Image Processing and Generation
- Create Graphs and Charts
- Content Management Systems
- Create a PHP Photo Gallery
- Create Dynamic Website Templates
- Create Wordpress Plugins
- Creating Flash
- We have to provide facility to do work on online projects.
- We provide the separate domain name for the individual user to work on this domain.
- We also provide free e-books of online projects and course related.
- We also help the students to earn money in their home places.
- And also tells that how to use domain and how to buy it.
- We provide whole facility which students can require in there projects.
Stands for "Content Management System." A CMS is software tool that allows you to create, edit, and publish content. While early CMS software was used to manage documents and local computer files, most CMS systems are now designed exclusively to manage content on the Web.
Several web-based CMS tools are available. The following are some of the most popular ones:
- Word Press - free web software designed for creating template-based websites or blogs
- Blogger - Google's blogging tool designed specifically for maintaining a blog
- Joomla - a flexible web publishing tool that supports custom databases and extensions
- Drupal - an open source platform often used for developing community-based sites
- Weebly - a web-based platform for building simple personal and business websites Wix - a collection of web publishing tools for creating a highly customizable website
Word Press has a web template system using a template processor.
One very popular feature of Word Press is its plugin architecture which allows users and developers to extend its abilities beyond the core installation. Word Press has a database of over 30,000 Plug-in,
Multi-user and multi-blogging
Prior to Word Press 3.0, Word Press supported one blog per installation, although multiple concurrent copies may be run from different directories if configured to use separate database tables.
Native applications exist for WebOS, Android, iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod),Windows Phone and BlackBerry.
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available.
Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
Joomla is the most popular open source CMS currently available as evidenced by a vibrant and growing community of friendly users and talented developers.
Joomla's roots go back to 2000 and, with over 200,000 community users and contributors, the future looks bright for the award-winning Joomla Project.
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites Personal or family homepages